Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cycling Class

I've started a new cycling class at the gym on base and it is FANTASTIC! I've recently started attending group exercise classes regularly and I'm already a HUGE fan because they really make me push myself a lot more than if I were exercising alone.

My numbers:
50 min
170 avg heartrate
800 calories
10 in HR zone (0 below, 40 above)

Wooooo...I can't wait until I start seeing improvements in those numbers. This was only my third class, but it already seemed a ton easier than the first.


This picture is kind of ridiculous....they are smiling WAY too much, and not sweating nearly enough :)

I talked to the instructor and a few of the women in the class for a bit afterwards. One of them has lost 65 lbs - she was about my age, I would guess. And the other has lost 75lbs!! I was so proud of them. I don't even know them, but I know what a struggle it is to lose weight. It was a big motivation to talk to them. Kind of gave me the refreshing boost that I needed - reminded me exactly why I am in these classes in the first place.

I'm ready for the next class!

6 comments:

Krystal said...

Nice! I've heard those classes are INTENSE but very well worth it. Sometimes I think it's hard to get going initially, but once you do and you see results, it's hard to stop. GOOD FOR YOU! I wish we were going to live closer to eachother so I could go with you... well, if I could even get into Fort Knox. :)
Good luck!
SEE YOU SOON!!! :)

Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan said...

Hi Trina, This is your Aunt Shauna. I love spin. I did the classes at Gold's Gym for about a year or so. It's a great work-out, and the more you do it the more you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Trina,

Your dad and I have been going now for 10 weeks and I have seen a huge improvement for us. It is a great accomplishment isn't it. I feel the same way! I am sooooo proud of you and how you stick to it and how important it is to you is amazing!! Keep up the good work. I LOVE your new blog!! Love,
MOM ☺

Unknown said...

exercise is over rated. you should try sitting on my couch. it's fun.

JUST KIDDING

shannon said...

Trina,
That sounds so fun! Don't listen to Nicki! :) I need to start doing the classes at my gym.
Cycle on!
love, shannon