Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Blog...FINALLY! <3



haha. well, where on earth do i start? a lot has happened since i last blogged...
and after much persistence on krystal and mindi's part, i decided i had better fill everyone in on what's new since kevin came home!

kevin's homecoming was, of course, amazing. there's nothing that can compare to the feeling of a homecoming. the air is just full of energy - excitement, anxiety, elation - from all the families and friends waiting for their marines to come home. i showed up at 11 am, expecting them to arrive around noon. hour after hour rolled by until finally they started showing up ..at 4pm!! i should have known better than to show up on time. haha. in the military if they say noon, they really mean 5 hours after noon.

well bus after bus of marines started unloading. they're all in their camouflage and look identical so it can be pretty hard to find someone in the crowd. but i saw kevin as soon as he stepped off the bus! i ran to him as fast as i could!






i watched a lot of people reuniting before i actually got to see kevin. i noticed a lot of them cried as they hugged their boyfriends/husbands for the first time in 7 months. watching them made me teary-eyed, but when i saw kevin...i did not even come close to crying!! i was ecstatic! soooo happy! i was kind of surprised that i didn't cry, but i was just way too happy.
but it made me think about each of those women, and their reasons for crying...so many women have to be so strong and independent for 7 months. maybe it's just their way of releasing all of that.

for a few days after kevin got home, we just relaxed and enjoyed each other at the hotel on base. we had to wait a few days until our new apartment was ready to be moved into. i remember being so excited. it was like when you were little and got a new toy for christmas - always so excited to get home and play with it. that's how i felt those few days right after kevin got home. i'd be in the shower or something, and suddenly remember "kevin's home!" you may wonder why that would be something i'd have to remember, but after 7 months of him being gone....well you can imagine. it's all very exciting.


here's some pictures of kevin my dad took while he was with kevin on the ship.









well that's a little bit of an update for now...

i'll write more soon! i have much more to blog about!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So happy to hear about the homecoming! I am so glad Kevin made it home safe. The very thought of what you must have been feeling when you hugged for the first time makes me tear up. You two are adorable. You are a strong, amazing woman and I thank you both for your sacrifices as your husband served our country. Keep the blogs coming... love Mindi

Krystal said...

FINALLY! I was starting to wonder if you were slowly trying to get rid of me... just disappear of into the sunset! I can only imagine what that must have been like to have him back after so long. I'm so glad that you guys are together and happy! I love all of the pictures, especially the one of you guys hugging right after he got back. Your Dad took some pretty cool ones too. I really like the one of Kevin and the sunset. I can't wait to hear more about how things are going. I suppose I could call but I love to see the pictures along with everything. Please don't keep us in suspense for another three months... :)

Marie said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited your hubby is home!! I am so glad that he is home safe....I am so glad you finally posted I was wondering!!! Enjoy your time together you deserve it!!
Hey i went private and i got a new blog address so if you want to still read my blog go to my old blog and leave me your email address so you can read up!! That sounds so much more complicated then it should be!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is time to start lighting your comments on fire to get you to post again! I am going through Trina withdrawls!!! Hope all is well.

Krystal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Can you believe we are 26?! Just movin' on up. I think it's almost been 15 years since we became desk buddies. Here's to another great year!