Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blog from Kevin

Hey guys! Well..we're on our way to Hawaii now from Australia. That was
a nice couple of ports. Yes..I drank..a lot. Seriously. But I had a good
time. I think I just drank to pass the time away until we come home. But
it was fun. The people were nice and very talkative. And every time I
call Trina, Mark is making preparations to come on the ship with me.
Hehehe. And I can't wait to see him. I think it's cute. Ever since I've
met mark, he's always been a busy little bee. Sometimes when I hang out
at their house with Trina, I feel lazy because mark and Lori are both
running around the house or going out to either work or take care of
personal business. But I enjoy visits with them. It'll be 3 weeks and
I'll be home. I'll be walking off whatever takes us to the shore with
Mark and I'll be running into Trina's arms while lugging all my personal
stuff behind me. I'll probably have to go to work all that day, but
it'll be okay. I asked Trina to take the Corolla out of storage for us
so I can drive home that night. It's seriously going to be the best
drive ever..at least I think so. I seriously think Mark is going to
enjoy the ship as grey and depressing as it is. It looks as if there's
going to be a bingo night and maybe an ice cream social or 2. We'll see
what happens when he comes on. I've heard rumors of a karaoke night as
well. Hehehe. Whatever happens, it's going to be awesome. He's going to
get classes during the day and he's going to have fun at night like we
do. He'll see what a life in the day of me was like when I was underway.
And I do believe he'll enjoy it a lot. Ummmm. That's all I can think of
for now. Trina knows this..but I love her! HI TRINA <3!!!!!1

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...I'm going to enjoy it!
Being an ex-"sailor" (A Navy Corpsman) for a brief part of my younger days, but never having been on a ship of any kind, I am really looking forward to spending a week aboard the Tarawa with these young heroes.
I am honored to have been asked to do this and I hope my memories and experiences and photos. of the trip will be shared for a long, long, time.
Semper Fi!