Friday, June 18, 2010

We have a local website called pendletonyardsales.com where military can purchase and sale their belongings. I was browsing one day and found a really cute side table for $15. The seller had started to refinish it, but I guess gave up and just wanted to get rid of it.

I wish I had taken a before picture because it was hilarious. I should have told the lady that she should pay me $15 to take it off her hands, because she left it a mess! Haha. She had put stripping gel all over it, and then I guess halfway through, decided she didn't want to finish it. So it had dried out stripping gel aaaaall over it! It really didn't even need to be stripped. Some light sanding and a few coats of paint would have been just fine.

Anyway, as I got to work removing the dried stripping gel with some fresh stripping gel, I began to wonder "What have you gotten yourself into?"

I'm not one to quit something that I start so for the next few days, I worked hard to get the table to the point where I could paint it. My favorite part of refinishing furniture is the trip to Home Depot to pick out the paint.

...and voila! The finished product...


I'm so glad I stuck through it. It's the cutest little table, and for only $15! That's a steal. And old furniture seems to be so much better in quality than the furniture they make now-a-days. This table should last forever!

I highly recommend browsing yard sales, and consignment shops anytime you might be looking for some new furniture. It's well worth the effort.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is adorable, I love it! Before I had all my kids, I spent Saturday mornings hitting as many yard sales as possible. I loved refinishing furniture and decorating my house with the treasures I found! Good work, it turned out fabulous!

Krystal said...

Nice! I love the part about her paying you to take it! Hilarious! You are a trooper to stick with it for so long. I'm not sure I would have! :) Looks like the hard work paid off though.

Kim said...

It turned out really cute, nice job Trina!!

Krystal said...

Dude... your comment about visiting my blog excessively is funny! I honestly hadn't even thought about it so no worries. I'm just glad to see that some people come and see it. The ones that I was talking about were some visitors from some place in West Virginia and some cities I don't know of in Washington and Arizona.
I think it's weird that none of them comment. Maybe I'm weird though! :)