Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pre-deployment

Wow. The time before Kevin's deployment is going so fast! We've been busy preparing for it. I'm definitely going back to Utah because there is really no reason for me to stay in California for 6 months. Maybe next deployment we'll have kids (or, a kid. i know you Moms out there noticed it was plural, hehe) or a good job that would motivate me to stay while he's deployed.

We've decided to use these handy storage things called "PODS" for the move. They are really convenient. They'll deliever the POD to our apartment. They leave it right in the parking lot. We take as many days as we need to fill it, give them a call, and they come pick it up and take it to their warehouse for storage. We'll also be storing the Corolla here in California. Kind of stressful. We hope all of our belongings stay safe while we're away.
Kevin's pre-deployment leave starts on Friday. We're going to spend a nice few days at Disneyland! We're staying in a fancy hotel room right across from the park. It comes with robes and slippers! Haha. We'll be sure and post lots of pictures from the trip. The park is decorated for Halloween, which is always fun. We're also going to try and find a good haunted house to go to. We're looking forward to it. And Kevin is in much need of a vacation. He's been very busy with pre-deployment training.

Anway, we'll talk to you soon.
Love ya,
Kevin and Trina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I get to be the one to leave the first message. Kevin, our thoughts and prayers will be with you while you are away. Trina, can't wait to have you home again! I am proud of both of you! Love Always, MOM ☺

Krystal said...

So I finally figured out that I can link back to your blog! Don't worry... I'm just slow. I am sad to read that Kevin is going to be on his way soon. I know that must be hard but I am glad you guys are getting to spend some serious fun time together beforehand. A hotel with robes and slippers... what could be better?! Anyway, hope you guys have a blast! We will be thinking of you and we are excited to see you. We can hang out... in the snow or something. :( blah.
Love ya!
Krystal

Krystal said...

p.s. Hi Mrs. Nixon!

Krystal said...

p.p.s. What's your one and only thought? I'm boggled.